Friday, January 19, 2007

World Record Attempt

Tomorrow sees me and my film crew head to Sheffield as we bear witness to an attempt to beat the world record for most people playing air guitar at the same time (or ensemble air guitaring as I like to call it).

Local rock heroes Saxon will be providing the tune in the form of their new track "If I were you". This should prove interesting. I think nostalgia for the tunes you heard and moshed to in your childhood sometimes make the best tracks to air guitar to (cf the current world record - this was undertaken to Guns N Roses' "Sweet Child O' Mine" - a classic!). I wonder if attempting to beat the record to a new, unheard song might prove too tricky for the participants? I have suggested to the organisers that a brief tutorial on some standard air guitar moves beforehand might be beneficial. So, will it work? Will Sheffield Wednesday fans embrace the idea and rock out like we know Northerners can? Or will there be less riff-shaped fingers and more rude gestures?? I don't know but I'm looking forward to finding out!

No comments: